Southwestern Corn Pudding
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 cups fresh or frozen, thawed corn kernels (from 4 ears), divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño chile, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 1/2-cup ramekins or custard cups or 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray, and dust with breadcrumbs.
2. Pulse 3 cups corn kernels in food processor until pulpy and broken down. Transfer to bowl, and stir in remaining 1 cup whole corn kernels.
3. Whisk together eggs, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeño, and salt in separate bowl. Stir corn into egg mixture. Transfer mixture to prepared ramekins, and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden.July/August 2010 p.54