Soy-Sesame Bok Choy Rolls
30 minutes or fewer
If you can’t find large, firm bok choy leaves to use as wrappers for this recipe, use smaller ones as “cups,” and serve the filling alongside. Choose a bold-flavored prepared teriyaki sauce or add sriracha or chile-garlic sauce for extra kick.
- 16 large bok choy leaves (about 12 oz.)
- 7 ½ oz. sprouted tofu, drained and cut into small cubes (1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (½ cup)
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbs. low-sodium teriyaki sauce
1. Trim stems from bok choy leaves. Finely chop stems, and toss in bowl with tofu cubes, carrots, green onions, and teriyaki sauce.
2. Place 1 bok choy leaf on work surface with stem end closest to you. Spoon 2 Tbs. tofu mixture in “cup” of leaf near tip end. Roll leaf around filling like a burrito, folding in sides. Secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
June 2013 p.37