Spaghetti with Lemon and Toasted Walnuts
30 minutes or fewer
This simple Italian
combination is tasty on its own, or it can be filled out with roasted or steamed vegetables.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated organic lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast walnuts on baking sheet
10 minutes. Cool, and coarsely chop.
2. Whisk together cheese, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and pepper in large bowl.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Add drained pasta to cheese mixture, and toss to combine, adding some pasta water if mixture seems too thick. Stir in parsley and walnuts, and season with salt and more pepper, if desired.
December 2013 p.62