Spanish Potato Tortilla
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 5 eggs
1. Heat 2 Tbs. oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic, and cook 15 minutes more, or until onion is translucent and potatoes begin to brown. Transfer to bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Beat eggs in separate bowl. Stir eggs into potato mixture.
3. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Spread egg-potato mixture in skillet, and reduce heat to medium. Cook tortilla 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned and crispy on bottom and eggs are set halfway to center. Remove skillet from heat, loosen edges of tortilla, and place large plate over skillet. Carefully invert tortilla onto plate. Slide tortilla back into skillet, and cook 5 minutes more, or until both sides are browned and crispy. Transfer to serving plate, and cut into wedges.March 2008