Spelt Olive Loaf
1. Combine honey, yeast, and 2 cups warm (90°F) water in bowl. Let stand 10 minutes, or until yeast foams. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour 1 cup at a time until dough forms ball.
2. Turn out dough onto floured work surface, sprinkle with flour, and knead 15 minutes, or until dough is smooth and no longer sticks to hands. (Add more flour as needed.)
3. Transfer dough to lightly oiled bowl. Cover with damp towel, and let rise 1 hour in warm place, or until dough doubles in size. Punch down dough, and let rise 1 hour more, or refrigerate overnight, if desired. (The second rising time makes for a less dense bread.)
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray. Turn dough onto floured work surface, and knead in olives. Shape into 2 round loaves, stretching surface until smooth, then drawing excess dough together at bottom. Pinch seam at bottom of dough. Place on prepared baking sheets, and cover with damp towel. Let rise 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake loaves 45 to 50 minutes, or until well-browned on outside. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack.