Spiced Banana Chips
Makes 3 cups
30 minutes or fewer
Ground spices tossed with store-bought banana chips makes a great snack. For a lower-fat option, try this recipe with bake-dried bananas, such as Bare Fruit.
- 2 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups dried banana chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 325°F; line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together oil, brown sugar, five-spice powder, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, salt, and chili powder in medium bowl.
3. Add banana chips and pecan halves, and toss to coat with spice mixture.
4. Spread banana chips in single layer on prepared baking sheet, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, shaking pan to toss mixture at least once during baking. Cool in pan completely before serving. Store up to 1 week in airtight container.