Spicy Peanut Noodles
30 minutes or fewer
For milder noodles, start with 1 tsp. chile paste. If you want more spice, add a dab at a time, tasting as you go.
- 8 oz. linguine
- ⅓ cup low-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsp. chile paste with garlic
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ¾ cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch pieces (about ¼ cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges, optional
1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, 1/4 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar, chile paste and sugar in large bowl; whisk until blended. If sauce seems too thick, thin it with a little water; it should have the consistency of cream.
3. Add linguine, bell pepper, cucumber and green onions, and toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.