Spicy Tempeh and Corn Salsa
This hearty entree is ideal served on its own with rice and beans or as a filling for quesadillas, tacos or burritos. Its Mexican accent comes from cilantro, cumin and jalapeno pepper, and sunflower seeds lend crunch.The dulse flakes lend a nice smoky flavor to the dish.
- In dry wok, cook sunflower seeds over medium heat, stirring often, until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Set wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add tempeh and stir-fry 1 minute. Add cumin and 1 teaspoon salt and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl and set aside.
- Return wok to high heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic, onions, bell peppers, celery, jalapeno and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in smoked dulse flakes, then corn. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro and stir-fry 1 minute. Add reserved tempeh mixture and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Toss in toasted sunflower seeds, stir well and serve hot.