Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato “Spaghetti”
30 minutes or fewer
Amy Schwartz of Macon, Ga., has been a vegetarian since seventh grade. She recently put together a cookbook containing 27 original recipes for her high school graduation project. This is one of her favorites.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 oz. spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 4 oz. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and julienned
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1½ tsp. garlic salt
- 4 Tbs. low-fat feta cheese
1. Pierce spaghetti squash rind several times with fork. Microwave on high 5 minutes per pound of squash, until squash is soft. Cut in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Rake insides of squash into bowl.
2. Cook olive oil and onion in large skillet over high heat, until fragrant. Stir in spinach and garlic, and cover. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When spinach has cooked down, reduce heat, and stir in spaghetti squash.
3. Stir in chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic salt. To serve, divide among 4 plates, and top each with 1 Tbs. feta cheese.