Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
30 minutes or fewer
A slightly sweet balsamic vinaigrette stands in for the sugary dressings usually served with spinach salad. Whole-grain mustard is milder than Dijon and gives the vinaigrette a pleasant texture.
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt, optional
- 6 cups spinach leaves
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ½ cup toasted pecans
1. To make Balsamic Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar and mustard in bowl. Whisk in oil until sauce is emulsified and smooth. Season with salt, if using.
2. To make Salad: Toss together spinach, onion, tomatoes, and Balsamic Vinaigrette in large bowl. Garnish with eggs and pecans.
September 2012 p.48