Spinach Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
30 minutes or fewer
Who can resist a salad
topped with toasty, crunchy croutons? In this simple spinach salad, homemade croutons are brushed with sun-dried tomato oil to complement the flavors in the vinaigrette.
- ½ baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes (3 cups)
- 2 Tbs. oil from jarred sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ clove garlic, minced (½ tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp. agave nectar or honey
- 5 oz. baby spinach (4 cups)
1. To make Croutons: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss together bread cubes, oil from tomatoes, and olive oil until bread is well coated; place on prepared baking sheet in single layer. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until croutons are crisp and golden-brown.
2. To make Salad: Blend garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, vinegars, oil, and agave nectar in food processor until mostly smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Toss spinach with vinaigrette in bowl. Top with Croutons.