30 minutes or fewer
This light soup
is full of sunny flavors like lemon, zucchini, and mint.
- 1 ½ Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¾-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini, or 1 15-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach (4 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 tsp. finely chopped mint leaves
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add zucchini, and cook 8 minutes more, or until vegetables are well browned. Add vegetable broth and 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Stir in beans and spinach, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Stir in lemon juice, zest, and mint. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.