Spring Leek Hash with Polenta and Goat Cheese
30 minutes or fewer
This colorful hash turns out like a casserole after it’s topped with polenta and cheese and warmed in the oven.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, and chopped (6 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh thyme, divided
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 16-oz. tube prepared polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 2 oz. crumbled aged chèvre (½ cup)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, bell pepper, 1 Tbs. thyme, and red pepper flakes; sauté 10 minutes. Stir in broth and garlic.
2. Arrange polenta slices over leek mixture in skillet; top with crumbled chèvre and remaining 1 Tbs. thyme.
Bake 10 minutes, or until chèvre softens.
March 2012 p.36