Sriracha–Soy Sauce over Egg Noodles
30 minutes or fewer
This sauce has just the right balance of spicy, salty, sour, and sweet. Use it as a dip for dumplings, or add it to any stir-fry. It also works great as a marinade for tofu.
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. sriracha chile-garlic sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 8 oz. thin egg noodles
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs. black sesame seeds
1. To make Sauce: whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
2. To make Noodles: Cook egg noodles according to package directions, and drain. Toss egg noodles with grated carrot, green onions, and 5 Tbs. Sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
June 2014 p.25