Stir-Fried Shiitake Mushrooms with Tofu and Bok Choy
30 minutes or fewer
Stir-fries are an ideal way to experiment with exotic mushrooms.
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. Thai chile sauce, such as sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbs. canola oil, divided
- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 lb. bok choy, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
1. Whisk together cornstarch and 1 tsp. water in bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, ginger, chile sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. canola oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry tofu 7 minutes, or until golden brown; transfer to plate. Add 1 Tbs. oil to pan. Stir-fry bok choy 4 minutes; transfer to plate.
3. Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to pan. Stir-fry mushrooms 2 minutes, or until tender. Return tofu and bok choy to pan. Stir in soy sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute, or until hot.
February 2010 p.60