Stir-fried Tofu Bento Box with Sesame Soba Noodles and Ginger-Carrot Broccoli
This recipe makes extra fried tofu that you can easily use in salads or on sandwiches.
1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water 4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Toss with 1 tsp. tamari, sesame seeds, and sesame oil; season with white pepper to taste.
2. Stir together flour and garlic powder in medium bowl; add tofu, and toss to coat. Season with black pepper to taste.
3. Spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat, add tofu, and sauté 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to plate; sprinkle with 1 tsp. tamari; toss with nutritional yeast.
4. Return skillet to heat. Add 2 Tbs. water and remaining 1 tsp. tamari, then broccoli, carrots, and ginger. Cover, and simmer 3 minutes, or until broccoli is warmed through.
5. To assemble: Pack soba noodles in 1 section of bento box or portable container. Pack 1/2 cup tofu and 1/2 cup broccoli mixture in other sections, reserving remaining tofu and broccoli for use in other lunch dishes. Fill in last section with edamame. Refrigerate, uncovered, until all ingredients are chilled thoroughly. Cover box, and refrigerate until ready to serve.