Strawberry Gazpacho with Lime Cilantro Cream
30 minutes or fewer
Surprise guests by starting a meal with this sweet-and-spicy cold soup.
- 2 lb. strawberries, hulled and halved (5 cups)
- 1 small mango, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- ½ cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 large shallot, chopped (2 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ¼ cup lime juice, divided
- 4 tsp. agave nectar, divided
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream or Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
1. Pulse strawberries, mango, bell pepper, shallot, oil, 2 Tbs. cilantro, 2 Tbs. lime juice, and 3 tsp. agave in food processor until puréed with some texture remaining. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Stir together sour cream, remaining 2 Tbs. cilantro, remaining 2 Tbs. lime juice, and remaining 1 tsp. agave in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Ladle gazpacho into bowls, and dollop each serving with 2 Tbs. Lime Cilantro Cream.
June 2013 p.59