Sunset Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits
Makes 12 biscuits
30 minutes or fewer
Mashed sweet potatoes keep these biscuits tender and low in fat, plus eliminate the need for eggs or dairy. For a more elegant look, roll out the dough and cut with a 2-inch round cutter.
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes (2 small baked sweet potatoes)
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine sweet potatoes, oil, syrup, vinegar, and salt in large bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder, and nutmeg.
3. Cut dry ingredients into sweet potato mixture with fork until mixture comes together. Stir in 2 to 3 Tbs. water, or enough to get dough to hold together.
4. Drop golf ball–size rounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and firm to the touch. Serve warm.