Sweet and Sour Smoked Tofu and Pineapple en Papillote
30 minutes or fewer
Seasoned rice, spinach, smoked tofu, and fresh pineapple are steamed en papillote to allow the flavors to meld.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach
- 2½ tsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 6-oz. pkg. baked smoked tofu, diced
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tsp. sweet chile sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4
15-inch lengths of parchment paper,
and fold each in half. Set aside.
2. Cook rice and spinach separately according to package directions. Transfer rice to bowl, and stir in 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil and sesame seeds. Drain spinach, squeeze out liquid, and stir in soy sauce.
3. Open folded parchment sheets like
a book, and arrange 1/2 cup rice to one side of crease on each sheet. Top rice with
1/4 cup tofu, 1/4 cup spinach, and 1/4 cup pineapple. Drizzle with 1/4 tsp. sesame oil and 1/2 tsp. chile sauce. Fold parchment over food so edges meet, then crimp and seal edges with small overlapping diagonal folds (see “Classic French Fold,” below).
4. Transfer packets to large baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes. Cool
2 minutes before serving.
December 2013 p.30
Fold 15-inch length of parchment paper in half, then open like a book, and place food to one side of crease. Fold empty side over food so ends meet. Crimp and seal matched edges with small overlapping diagonal folds.