Sweet Potato Bowl with Chimichurri
30 minutes or fewer
Chimichurri has its roots in Argentina, where it is usually slathered over grilled meat. Here, it lends spicy, garlicky goodness to a hearty bowl of sweet potatoes and quinoa.
Sweet Potatoes and Quinoa
- 2 large sweet potatoes, skin-on, finely diced (1 ½–2 lb.)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 small, ripe yet firm avocados, peeled and sliced, optional
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups loosely packed Italian parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1. To make Sweet Potatoes and Quinoa: Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss sweet potatoes with oil on large baking sheet, and spread in single layer. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and roast 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft, stirring halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook
15 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt, if desired.
3. To make Chimichurri: Warm oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend parsley, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes in food processor until coarsely chopped. Pour in warm oil, and pulse quickly until blended.
4. Divide sweet potatoes and quinoa among 4 bowls. Top each serving with 3 Tbs. Chimichurri, and garnish with sliced avocado, if using. Drizzle with extra Chimichurri, if desired.
September 2013 p.32