Swiss Chard Topped with Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
2 portobello mushrooms, about 5 oz. each
4 Tbs. tamari
2 Tbs. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. cider vinegar
2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
4 tsp. minced shallots
2 tsp. country-style Dijon mustard
2 bunches red swiss chard
1 tsp. plus 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
4 tsp. minced garlic
- Wipe mushroom caps with a damp cloth; remove stems. In shallow bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons tamari, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, shallots and mustard. Add mushroom caps and marinate 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, remove stems from chard and coarsely chop.
- In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chard and remaining 2 tablespoons tamari. Cover and cook until wilted, 4 minutes. Uncover and set aside.
- Wipe out pan. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Remove mushrooms from marinade; reserve marinade. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, 4 minutes per side.
- To serve, reheat chard and divide among plates. Cut mushrooms into 1/2- inch-thick slices. Arrange sliced mushrooms over chard and drizzle with remaining marinade if desired.