Taiwanese Cold Sesame Noodles
30 minutes or fewer
Mung beans and julienned carrot and cucumber blend easily with egg noodles coated in a creamy, nutty sauce.
- 4 oz. Chinese egg noodles or fettuccine
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup julienned English or Persian cucumber
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3 Tbs. Chinese toasted sesame paste or peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. chile-garlic sauce
- ½ tsp. ground Sichuan pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Drain again, and transfer to large bowl. Add carrot, cucumber, and bean sprouts, and
toss to combine.
2. Whisk 3 Tbs. water into sesame paste in small bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, chile-garlic sauce, Sichuan pepper, and garlic. Pour sauce over noodle mixture, and toss to coat. Divide noodles among serving plates, and garnish with green onions.
September 2014 p.26