Tangy Marinated Vegetables
This is a beautiful take-along side dish when made in and served out of a 1-quart canning jar. Eat these veggies with your fingers to satisfy a picnic craving for something salty and crunchy—without resorting to a bag of chips.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. dried oregano
- 2 Tbs. dried basil
- 2 Tbs. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot sticks or baby carrots
- 1 cup small button mushrooms, halved
1. To make Marinade: Whisk together all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Pour Marinade into 1-quart canning jar with lid or large resealable plastic bag. Add all Vegetables, and shake to coat.
3. Refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight, shaking mixture occasionally. Enjoy straight out of jar, like pickles.
July/August 2009 p.57