Thai Green Curry with Butternut Squash and Yellow Peppers
Spicy green curry paste pairs perfectly with the sweetness of butternut squash and bell peppers. For a striking color contrast, spoon over black forbidden rice or red Himalayan rice.
- 1 ½Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced (2½ cups)
- 2 Tbs. green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 13.5-oz. can light coconut milk
- 2 cups firmly packed spinach leaves
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped basil
1. Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes. Add bell peppers, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in curry paste and garlic, and cook
1 minute. Add butternut squash and coconut milk, and bring to a simmer. Partially cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Place spinach, cilantro, and basil in blender with 1/4 cup water; blend until smooth. Stir into curry mixture, and cook 1 minute to allow flavors to meld.
March 2012 p.67