Thai Red Curry with Green Beans and Eggplant
30 minutes or fewer
The coconut cream at the top of a can of coconut milk thickens this curry, so be careful not to shake the can before you open it.
- 2 Tbs. peanut oil
- 3 small Japanese eggplant, sliced (1 lb.)
- 1 13.5-oz. can light coconut milk,
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. prepared red curry paste
- 2 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/thlb. thin green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-inch wedges
- ½ cup packed Thai or sweet basil leaves
- 2 tsp. lime juice
1. Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and eggplant, and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until eggplant begins to brown. Transfer to plate.
2. Spoon 3 to 4 Tbs. coconut cream from top of can into wok. Add garlic, ginger, and curry paste, and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in remaining coconut milk, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Add green beans, onion, and eggplant; cover, and simmer 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in basil and lime juice.