Thai-Style Grilled Corn with Roasted Peanuts
30 minutes or fewer
The natural sugars in fresh corn ooze out to caramelize and crisp the kernels. Some dry-roasted peanuts are made with gelatin, so read the label before you buy.
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened, reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- ¼ tsp. chile-garlic sauce, such as sambal oelek
- ¼ cup lightly salted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 4 medium ears fresh corn, husked
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, and chile-garlic sauce in bowl.
3. Pulse peanuts in food processor until finely ground. Transfer to large plate.
4. Place corn on grill, and cook 8 minutes, or until browned and lightly charred in spots, turning occasionally. Brush with half of coconut milk mixture, and grill 2 minutes more.
5. Transfer to platter. Brush with remaining coconut milk mixture, then roll in peanuts.
July/August 2011 p.66