Reader Recipe: Luanne Firestone, of Buffalo, N.Y., makes this hearty breakfast for her family on weekend mornings. “You can stack pretty much anything,” she says. “Don’t be limited by the recipe. Use your imagination!”
1. Combine sour cream and chipotle powder in small bowl, and set aside.
2. Coat medium skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Arrange potato rounds in single layer in skillet, cover, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway through. Add onion, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove potatoes to plate, and set aside.
3. Wipe out skillet, coat with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add Swiss chard, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes more, or until bright green and tender.
4. Meanwhile, bring saucepan filled with 2 inches of water to a boil. Crack eggs into saucepan; reduce heat to low, and poach 4 minutes.
5. To serve: Divide potato mixture among 4 plates, and top each with 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle sour cream, Swiss chard, and 1 poached egg. Dollop 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle sour cream atop egg, and garnish with diced tomato.