Three Citrus Basil Cocktail
30 minutes or fewer
Basil lends a subtle herbal note to this citrus-berry cocktail.
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 4 large basil sprigs (½ cup firmly packed), plus more for garnish
- ⅔ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice (1 small orange)
- 2 Tbs. frozen raspberries
- 1 cup gin
1. Bring sugar and 1/3 cup water to a simmer in saucepan. Stir in basil, and remove from heat. Let steep 30 minutes.
2. Pour lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and raspberries into blender. Strain basil syrup into blender, pressing on basil leaves. Blend until smooth, and strain into pitcher. Stir in gin.
3. Divide between 6 glasses filled with ice, and garnish with basil sprigs.