Tofu Frittatas with Corn Salsa
These single-serving-size frittatas are very tender, even after baking. Try wrapping in warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Make 4 large circles of cooking spray on large, rimmed baking sheet.
2. Coat large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add 2 cups onion, coarsely chopped poblano, and 2 Tbs. water. Cover, and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
3. Mash beans in bowl with potato masher (some whole beans may remain). Whisk together 1 Tbs. lime juice and cornstarch in bowl until cornstarch dissolves.
4. Add soy chorizo to skillet with onion and poblano, and crumble in tofu. Sauté 5 minutes, or until mixture looks dry. Stir in beans, cornstarch mixture, 1/4 cup corn, 1/2 cup cilantro, and chili powder. Cook 1 minute, tossing to combine.
5. Drop 4 1-cup mounds of mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Press each mound with spatula to 5-inch-diameter round. Bake 10 minutes, or until browned and firm to touch. 6. Toss together remaining 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped poblano, 1 Tbs. lime juice, 1 cup corn, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1/4 tsp. salt in bowl for salsa. Serve frittatas with salsa.