Makes 2 cups
30 minutes or fewer
This classic Indian
condiment is usually made with yogurt. We've substituted silken tofu, lemon juice and vinegar for the same creamy-tangy taste without the dairy.
- 8 oz. silken tofu, drained
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. brown rice vinegar or rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin crescents
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
1. Purée tofu, oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt in food processor until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl.
2. Stir in cucumber, 2 Tbs. peanuts, chile, mint and cumin. Sprinkle remaining peanuts on top.