Tomatoes Stuffed with Corn Soufflé
2 ½ cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
3 large eggs
¼ cup plus 1 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese or soy Parmesan cheese
¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut half inch off top of tomatoes. Scoop out centers of tomatoes, leaving shells intact. Lightly sprinkle insides of shells with salt. Place cut side down on paper towels; let drain 30 minutes.
- Put 1 1/2 cups corn, eggs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in food processor or blender; purée until smooth. Pour into bowl, and stir in remaining corn and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set tomato shells, cut sides up, in baking dish. Fill each with corn mixture, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until filling is set and tops are browned and slightly puffed. Remove, and let cool about 5 minutes. Carefully transfer tomatoes to plates. Serve immediately.