Vegful Vietnamese Sandwich
Recent college grad Natalie Padilla gets an A+ for this hearty veg version of a Vietnamese banh mi, which she whipped up after eating a less-than-thrilling tofu sandwich in Boston’s Chinatown.
1. Combine carrots and lime juice in small bowl, and let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise and sriracha in separate bowl, and set aside.
3. Cook Chick’n Strips according to package directions.
4. Cut baguette into 6 pieces, and halve each piece lengthwise. Toast baguette pieces open-faced under broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned but still soft.
5. Spread mayonnaise mixture atop baguette pieces. Place marinated carrots on baguette bottoms, then add cilantro and Chick’n Strips. Drizzle with remaining marinating liquid.