Veggie Club Sandwiches
30 minutes or fewer
Classic club sandwiches are meat-laden, mayonnaise-slathered, three-layer creations that contain enough fat and calories for an entire day. Here, veg fillings and a creamy arugula spread lighten the fat and calories without compromising flavor.
- ½ cup vegan dressing/sandwich spread, such as Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
- ¼ cup chopped arugula
- 12 slices toasted whole-wheat sourdough bread, divided
- 1 cup radish sprouts
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced ½-inch thick (8 slices)
- 8 slices meatless low-fat bacon strips, cooked
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 12 slices meatless deli-style smoked chicken
1. Combine sandwich spread and arugula in medium bowl. Spread on 4 slices toasted bread.
2. Divide radish sprouts over sandwich spread. Top each with 1 tomato slice and 2 bacon strips. Add a second layer of toast to each sandwich, and top each with 1 more tomato slice, then avocado and smoked chicken. Spread remaining sandwich spread over remaining 4 toast slices, and place over chicken. Secure sandwiches with decorative toothpicks, and cut into 4 triangles.