Veggie Pan Bagnat
Pan bagnat is a French sandwich made by filling a loaf of country bread with layers of veggies, olives and eggs. The sandwich is then allowed to sit several hours so the bread absorbs all of the juices.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray. Lay eggplant slices in single layer and coat with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes. Turn, and bake 10 minutes more, or until browned and tender.
2. Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Dry well with paper towels.
3. To make Vinaigrette: Blend olive oil, vinegar, parsley, shallots, mustard and sugar in blender until smooth.
4. Pull out most of soft white bread from centers of baguette halves. Spread tapenade in hollow of bottom half. Brush with vinaigrette. Spread green beans over tapenade, and press firmly. Lay red pepper slices on top, followed by egg slices and eggplant.
5. Brush inside of baguette top generously with vinaigrette, and set over eggplant slices. Press sandwich together. Chill 1 to 4 hours. Slice into 4 servings with serrated knife, and serve with any remaining vinaigrette.