Warm Avocado Halves with Pink Grapefruit and Endive
30 minutes or fewer
There’s no need to dress up this dish for a pretty presentation—the pale green of the avocado
halves along with the deep pink of grapefruit segments make this a feast for your eyes without any extra trimmings. Try the recipe with smooth-skinned Fuerte avocados, which have a firmer, less fatty texture and won’t turn mushy when baked.
- 1 endive, halved and sliced crosswise into half-moons (1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (¼ cup)
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- ½ pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- ½ fresh lime, for juice
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add endive and shallot, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are softened and brown around edges. Stir in parsley, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sauté 1 minute more.
3. Sprinkle avocado halves with salt and pepper, if desired, and place on baking sheet. Fill with endive mixture. Bake 12 minutes, or until avocado begins to brown. Serve warm surrounded with grapefruit segments. Drizzle with lime juice.