Warm Raclette Potato Salad
30 minutes or fewer
Think all potatoes taste the same? Then you probably haven't tried thin, nutty fingerlings or round, robust-flavored purple potatoes, two varieties favored by organic farmers because they are resistant to disease.
- 1 lb. small fingerling, purple and red-skinned potatoes
- 1 Tbs. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 shallots, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 4 oz. raclette cheese, cut into cubes
1. Place potatoes in large pot, and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Add oil, and whisk until smooth. Stir in shallots.
3. Cut potatoes into large cubes while still hot, using rubber gloves to protect your hands. Toss with dressing and cheese in large bowl, and serve.