Winter Squash Ravioli
Any winter squash such as butternut or kabocha is suitable.
1 ½ lb. winter squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch chunks
3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. maple syrup
½ tsp. salt, or to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
½ cup chopped pecans
2 Tbs. minced fresh sage, plus more for garnish
48 square won ton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Put squash in bowl; toss with 2 Tbs. oil, maple syrup and salt. Spread on baking sheet. Roast, stirring twice, about 25 minutes. Transfer squash to bowl, and mash.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes. Add pecans and sage; cook, stirring 2 minutes. Add onion mixture to squash; mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Bring pot of water to a simmer.
- Working with 1 won ton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 1/2 tsp. squash mixture on center of wrapper; bring 2 opposite corners together, forming a triangle. Moisten edges with water; press to seal. Place on baking sheet; cover with damp towel. Repeat to fill all.
- Add half of ravioli to water. Cook 5 minutes; do not boil. Remove with slotted spoon to serving dishes; keep warm. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Top with Wild Mushroom Ragu. Garnish with sage.