Makes 2 cups
30 minutes or fewer
This ultraversatile filling works just as well in tacos, enchiladas, and quesadillas as it does as a filling for Oven-Baked Sopes.
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch cubes (2 cups)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- Chili powder, for sprinkling
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese, optional
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 7 minutes. Add zucchini and corn, and sauté 7 minutes more. Stir in beans, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Spoon into Oven-Baked Sopes or tacos, and sprinkle with chili powder and cheese, if using.