Zucchini Croquettes with Bell Pepper Confetti
These pretty summer hors d’oeuvres can be made ahead and served at room temperature—simply add the yogurt topping and pepper confetti at the last minute.
1. Stir bell peppers together in bowl, and season with salt, if desired. Set aside.
2. Combine zucchini and salt in bowl, and let stand 20 minutes, or until liquid is released. Squeeze all liquid out of zucchini, and transfer to large bowl (you should have 1½ packed cups). Stir in egg, flour, 3 Tbs. chives, parsley, mint, Aleppo pepper, and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Heat 2 tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat. Spoon 4 2-Tbs. mounds of batter onto pan, and slightly flatten. Cook 3 minutes per side, or until golden-brown. Transfer to wire rack, and repeat with remaining oil and batter.
4. Stir together yogurt, lemon juice, and remaining 1 Tbs. chives in small bowl.
5. Spoon 1 tsp. yogurt mixture on each zucchini cake, and top with 2 tsp. bell pepper mixture. Serve with remaining bell pepper mixture and yogurt on side.