Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Back in 2020, amid the most locked-down of locked-down-months, a package arrived at my house. My family had sent a pie from a local bakery where they live on the East Coast all the way to my house in Los Angeles using the online food-shipping platform Goldbelly. I wasn’t that familiar with the site before hand, but that parcel was a fun little virtual ‘hug’ from afar that was perfect for the moment – and being able to ship special and regional foods to online shoppers turned out to be a boon to restaurants struggling amid the pandemic downturn, too.
This week, Goldbelly announced a big collaboration with celebrity chef and internet sweetheart Ina Garten, offering a way to ship sweet treats from the Barefoot Contessa’s kitchens to your loved ones. That got me thinking: What are the best plant-based offerings on Goldbelly? A few clicks later, it turned out there are a lot of tasty options, from cookies and sweets to entire holiday dinner packages. Below, find my picks for food gifts to send (or receive!) this holiday season.
- El Charro Café: Vegan Tamale Sampler, 12 Pack ($79)
- CheeseBoarder: Noci Vegan Cheese & Charcuterie Board for 3-4 ($145)
- The Naked Bar: Vegan Hot Chocolate Cheesecake ($84)
- El Palote Panaderia: Vegan Taco Kit for 4-6 ($89)
- Good Cakes & Bakes: Organic Vegan Carrot Cake ($89)
- RiceBox: Impossible Vegan Eggrolls + Black Vinegar Soy Sauce – 10 Pack ($79)
- Stan’s: Vegan Donuts Assortment, 12 Pack ($59)
- The Goddess and the Grocer: Vegan Holiday Dinner for 2 ($109)
- Thatcher & Rye: Vegan Mushroom Bolognese Dinner Kit for 4-6 ($209)
- Mi Pi Pizza: Vegan Chicago Deep-Dish, 2 Pack ($109)
- Dumpling Monster: Pan Fried Vegan Buns, 12 Pack ($65)
- Lekka Burger: Vegan Burger Grill Kit for 4 ($79)
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery: Vegan + Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookie Decorating Kit, 12 Pack ($69)
- DTown Pizza: Vegan Detroit-Style Pizza Sampler, 3 Pack ($99)
- Kogi BBQ x Field Roast: Vegan ‘Stadium Dog’ Hot Dog Kit, 6 Pack ($45)
- Achatz Handmade Pie Co.: Vegan Northern Spy Apple Pie ($54)