16 Plant-Based Food Gifts on Goldbelly You Still Have Time to Send for the Holidays
Sending food is the next best thing to being there in person (or something)
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Back in 2020, amid the most locked-down of locked-down-months, a package arrived at my house. My family had sent a pie from a local bakery where they live on the East Coast all the way to my house in Los Angeles using the online food-shipping platform Goldbelly. I wasn’t that familiar with the site before hand, but that parcel was a fun little virtual ‘hug’ from afar that was perfect for the moment – and being able to ship special and regional foods to online shoppers turned out to be a boon to restaurants struggling amid the pandemic downturn, too.
This week, Goldbelly announced a big collaboration with celebrity chef and internet sweetheart Ina Garten, offering a way to ship sweet treats from the Barefoot Contessa’s kitchens to your loved ones. That got me thinking: What are the best plant-based offerings on Goldbelly? A few clicks later, it turned out there are a lot of tasty options, from cookies and sweets to entire holiday dinner packages. Below, find my picks for food gifts to send (or receive!) this holiday season.
- El Charro Café: Vegan Tamale Sampler, 12 Pack ($79)
- CheeseBoarder: Noci Vegan Cheese & Charcuterie Board for 3-4 ($145)
- The Naked Bar: Vegan Hot Chocolate Cheesecake ($84)
- El Palote Panaderia: Vegan Taco Kit for 4-6 ($89)
- Good Cakes & Bakes: Organic Vegan Carrot Cake ($89)
- RiceBox: Impossible Vegan Eggrolls + Black Vinegar Soy Sauce – 10 Pack ($79)
- Stan’s: Vegan Donuts Assortment, 12 Pack ($59)
- The Goddess and the Grocer: Vegan Holiday Dinner for 2 ($109)
- Thatcher & Rye: Vegan Mushroom Bolognese Dinner Kit for 4-6 ($209)
- Mi Pi Pizza: Vegan Chicago Deep-Dish, 2 Pack ($109)
- Dumpling Monster: Pan Fried Vegan Buns, 12 Pack ($65)
- Lekka Burger: Vegan Burger Grill Kit for 4 ($79)
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery: Vegan + Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookie Decorating Kit, 12 Pack ($69)
- DTown Pizza: Vegan Detroit-Style Pizza Sampler, 3 Pack ($99)
- Kogi BBQ x Field Roast: Vegan ‘Stadium Dog’ Hot Dog Kit, 6 Pack ($45)
- Achatz Handmade Pie Co.: Vegan Northern Spy Apple Pie ($54)
RELATED: The Vegetarian Times Holiday Gift Guide 2021: 60 Great Gifts Picked by Our Editors
Get more of what you love from VT. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and sign up for our email newsletters.