- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium acorn squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch-long strips (3 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, cut in half and then sliced into half moons
- 1 medium bulb fennel, cored and cut into 2-inch-long julienne strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch-long julienne strips
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in squash and onion and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes.
Add fennel and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Pierce squash with fork; it should be just tender. If not, cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 138
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 291 mg