Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Cut tofu block into 4 slabs. Arrange on a paper towel–lined baking sheet, cover with more paper towels and top with another baking sheet. Using cans, weigh the baking sheet down and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes to drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare guacamole: On a cutting board, mash onion, cilantro and jalapeño with a fork until onion is mashed. In a small bowl, combine onion mixture with avocado, lime juice and ¼ tsp salt. Cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chipotle chiles, orange juice and honey. Remove cans and top baking sheet from tofu and discard paper towels. Rub mixture on all sides of tofu and set aside on baking sheet.
- Heat a grill pan or grill on medium-high. Add tortillas and grill until warm and pliable, about 1 minute per side. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil; set aside.
- Mist grill pan with cooking spray or grease grill grate (still on medium-high). In a single layer, add tofu and grill until browned and heated through, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, then cut tofu into 2-inch strips, cover with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss bell pepper, mushroom and onion slices with oil, ¼ tsp salt and black pepper. Add to grill pan or a grill basket (for outdoor grill) and cook on medium-high, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms are soft and peppers and onions are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Divide tofu and vegetables among tortillas and top with dollops of guacamole.
- Serving Size 2 tacos with toppings
- Calories 329
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 309 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g