Get creative with your favorite greens, and take advantage of the opportunity to throw in leftovers from other recipes, such as extra ginger-carrot broccoli from the Stir-fried Tofu Bento Box with Sesame Soba Noodles and Ginger-Carrot Broccoli and roasted vegetables from the Grilled Vegetable Wrap.
- 1 head leaf or red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces, or 4 cups mesclun mix
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup jicama cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. To make salad: toss together all ingredients in large bowl.
2. To make Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette: Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in small bowl. Whisk in oil and basil.
3. To serve: top 2 1/2 cups salad with 1 Tbs. Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 c salad and 1 T vinaigrette
- Calories: 185
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 83 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g