These raw treats owe their gentle sweetness and rich flavor to dates.
- 1 cup pitted dates (18–20 dates)
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw almonds (7 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. carob powder
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (3 oz.), divided
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1. Place dates in small bowl, and cover with 3/4 cup boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Process almonds, carob powder, and 1 cup coconut in food processor until finely chopped. Add drained dates and vanilla. Process until dates are chopped and mixture clumps together.
3. Roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls. Spread remaining 1/3 cup coconut on plate. Wet hands with cool water, then roll balls between damp palms before rolling in coconut. Store in airtight container.
- Calories: 165
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 3 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g