Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These raw treats owe their gentle sweetness and rich flavor to dates.
1. Place dates in small bowl, and cover with 3/4 cup boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Process almonds, carob powder, and 1 cup coconut in food processor until finely chopped. Add drained dates and vanilla. Process until dates are chopped and mixture clumps together.
3. Roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls. Spread remaining 1/3 cup coconut on plate. Wet hands with cool water, then roll balls between damp palms before rolling in coconut. Store in airtight container.
- Calories 165
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g