30 minutes or fewer
As delicious as a candy bar, this delicate dessert whips up in an instant. Use prepared chocolate syrup to garnish the cake. If you really want to fancy it up, make your own fudge sauce, and drizzle it on before serving.
- 1 14-oz. premade angel food cake
- 2 12-oz. pkg. soft silken tofu
- 4 Tbs. confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbs. almond extract, or to taste
- 1 8-oz. pkg. almond paste
- 2 cups sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish
Tear angel food cake into about 2x4-inch rectangles, and put about half of them into 3-quart serving dish.
Put tofu, sugar, almond extract and almond paste into blender or food processor, and purée until smooth. Pour half mixture over cake pieces, and top with remaining cake. Pour remaining mixture over cake, and garnish with almonds and drizzles of chocolate syrup. Chill, or serve immediately.
- Calories: 470
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 380 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g