The components for this easy, elegant dessert can be made ahead of time and assembled just before serving. The roasted rhubarb will keep up to 1 week in the fridge.
- 1 1/2 pt. nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened (3 cups)
- 8 large amaretti (Italian almond cookies), crushed
- 1 lb. fresh rhubarb, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup sweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. Place frozen yogurt in large bowl. Add amaretti; stir well to combine.
2. Working quickly, scoop frozen yogurt mixture into 6 balls. Place in wax paper–lined metal baking pan, and freeze several hours, or until yogurt balls are firm.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss rhubarb with pomegranate juice in 9- x 7-inch baking dish. Split vanilla bean, scrape out seeds, and stir seeds into rhubarb. Sprinkle sugar over fruit, and toss to mix. Bake 30 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to serving dish, and cool.
4. For each serving, place 1 frozen yogurt ball in dessert dish, and surround with 1/3 cup rhubarb.
- Calories: 237
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 111 mg
- Sugar Content: 48 g