- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter, barely softened
- 1 1/2 Tbs. ancho or other medium-hot pure chile powder
- 2 Tbs. roasted garlic puree (see note)
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
Using mixer or wooden spoon, beat all ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Store unused portion in plastic or foil and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Note: To roast garlic, halve heads horizontally. Drizzle with drops of olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and roast at 375F. or grill over moderate fire for 40 minutes, or until garlic is soft and creamy. Cool and squeeze from husk.
Corn and Chardonnay. Chardonnay and butter. Butter and corn. This is an easy match.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg