This warm apple dessert is so good—and comes together so fast—you’ll want to make it all fall.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 tart apples, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dried apple slices
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 20 gingersnaps, crushed, plus whole gingersnaps for garnish, if desired
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1. Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté fresh apple slices 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in juice, sugar, fresh ginger and cinnamon. Cook 5 minutes, or until liquid is syrupy.
2. Add dried apple slices and candied ginger. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes more, or until heated through.
3. Sprinkle bottom of 2-qt. bowl with 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps. Stir remaining crumbs into apple mixture. Layer apple mixture and yogurt in bowl. Garnish with whole gingersnaps, if desired.
- Calories 342
- Carbohydrate Content 70 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 38 g