A hearty breakfast or light supper, this sauté mixes three complementary flavors. Use vivid red or green apples, and leave them unpeeled to add color to the mix.
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large apples, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 6-oz. pkg. soy "sausage" links, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar for garnish
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley for garnish
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté potatoes about 7 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, and sauté onion with potatoes about 5 minutes or until golden. Remove potatoes and onion, and set aside.
2. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to skillet, and sauté apples over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent burning. Spray separate skillet with nonstick cooking spray; brown "sausage" links.
3. Add all ingredients to skillet of hot apples; stir well to heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley, and serve.
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 250 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g